To achieve both better performance and overall efficiency, engineers made smart choices with engine technologies, advanced manufacturing and the use of mixed materials. The base curb weight of the 2019 Chevrolet Silverado with the 2.7L Turbo is 380 pounds less than the current Silverado with the 4.3L V-6, despite having more interior room and cargo space.
“The new Silverado 2.7L Turbo delivers impressive performance and fuel efficiency,” said Tim Asoklis, Silverado chief engineer. “It’s fun to drive every day — quick from the start, and pulling hard under acceleration. With up to 23 mpg on the highway, the truck is efficient while still offering plenty of capability to tackle weekend projects and trips to the lake.”
Standard on LT and RST trims, the 2.7L engine offers 14 percent more torque and 13 percent better city fuel economy and it is more than a full second quicker 0-60 mph than the 4.3L V-6 it replaces. The Silverado city fuel economy also exceeds the standard 3.3L V-6 engine offering in the Ford F-150 XLT (EPA-estimated 19 mpg city) and matches that of the Ram 1500 3.6L V-6 mild hybrid (EPA-estimated 20 mpg city).
Developed from the outset as a truck engine, the new 2.7L Turbo integrates many different innovative technologies to support engine performance and efficiency, including:
- An innovative double overhead cam valvetrain that enables high- and low-lift valve profiles, continuously variable valve timing and Active Fuel Management (cylinder deactivation).
- A dual-volute turbocharger housing for improved throttle response, low-speed torque and virtually no turbo lag.
- Chevrolet’s first application of Active Thermal Management, which uses targeted engine heating and cooling across the entire powertrain system to create optimal conditions for optimal fuel economy and recover otherwise wasted exhaust heat for faster engine and transmission warmup.
- Stop/start technology that automatically stops the engine in stop-and-go traffic for fuel efficiency.
The engine was subjected to months of nonstop testing to simulate a lifetime of maximum hot and cold cycles. This is in addition to more than 475,000 validation tests and 1 million miles of real-world testing to deliver the durability and performance Chevrolet truck customers demand.
The 2019 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 offers eight trims paired with six engine/transmission combinations, so every customer can find the right truck to match their unique performance, efficiency, technology and value requirements
*Requires regular cab, available for fleet customers only at this time
- Call: 602-798-2940
- Click: www.CourtesyChev.com
- Visit: 1233 E. Camelback Road, Phoenix, AZ 85014