“There are no vehicles like Tahoe and Suburban – which have starred in Hollywood movies, carried military heroes and world leaders, and helped create countless family memories,” said Barry Engle, executive vice president and president, General Motors North America. “We’ve taken what people love about these pioneering SUVs and made them even better – adding more room for people and cargo, more advanced technology and an unrivaled driving experience.”
Class-leading interior space:
- Sixty-six percent more cargo room behind the third row for Tahoe, and 19 percent more maximum cargo space behind the first row for Suburban – both best-in-class
- Ten additional inches (254 mm) of third-row legroom for Tahoe
Dramatically improved driving dynamics:
- The most advanced suspension in the segment, with an independent rear suspension paired with available Magnetic Ride Control and first-in-class Air Ride Adaptive Suspension
- New Air Ride Adaptive Suspension offers load leveling at all four corners of the vehicle, and up to 4 inches (102 mm) of ride-height adjustment
An entirely new SUV-specific interior offering up to five display screens in total:
- Standard 10-inch (254 mm) diagonal central color touchscreen, the largest in its segment
- Available 8-inch (203 mm) diagonal instrument cluster
- Available 15-inch (381 mm) Head-Up Display, which no competitor offers
- Available dual 12.6-inch (320 mm) diagonal rear-seat LCD displays, part of the segment’s most advanced rear-seat media system
- Thirty safety and driver convenience features, highlighted by standard Automatic Emergency Braking1 and new features, including HD Surround Vision¹ and Rear Pedestrian Alert1
Technologies to optimize performance and efficiency, including:
- All-new 3.0L Duramax turbo-diesel engine, delivering an unprecedented combination of refinement, performance and efficiency
- Updated V-8 engines with Dynamic Fuel Management, including the available 6.2L V-8 offering best-in-class 420 horsepower
- Standard 10-speed automatic transmission for all engines with push-button electronic shift
Best-in-class nine camera views and new trailering features designed to help improve the driver’s experience and confidence, including trailer profiles, trailer tire pressure/temperature monitoring and Side Blind Zone Alert1 for trailering
“With an increasing number of SUVs on the market, we knew the all-new Tahoe and Suburban needed to reach higher than ever,” said Tim Herrick, vice president, global product programs. “We transformed Tahoe and Suburban to offer all-new technologies and features and deliver a better driving experience, while staying true to the versatility and capability that have earned people’s trust for generations.”
The 2021 Tahoe and Suburban go on sale in mid-2020 in North America, joining the new Silverado and Silverado HD to completely redesign Chevrolet’s full-size truck and SUV lineup within 24 months.
Ultimate SUVs built on an all-new chassis
The changes for the all-new Tahoe and Suburban began with a new architecture featuring an independent rear suspension and longer wheelbase. The new architecture targeted improvements central to the needs of full-size SUV customers, including passenger accommodations, cargo capacity, driving dynamics and exterior proportions.
The longer wheelbase and new chassis systems create greater ride smoothness, particularly on uneven pavement and unpaved surfaces, with improved handling. The vehicles’ load floors are significantly lower, providing a more natural seating position and a remarkable gain of 10 inches (254 mm) of third-row legroom, with big increases in cargo space.
Click here for full article.