“We introduced several special-edition trucks in 2015 – each combining equipment and appearance packages designed for specific enthusiasts in mind,” said Sandor Piszar, Chevrolet truck marketing director. “They clearly resonated with buyers, as the special editions sold in one-third the time, and to younger, more affluent buyers than the industry average.
“The Silverado 1500 Midnight was by far the most popular model in 2015,” Piszar continued, “as demand outstripped supply in a matter of months. It only made sense to expand our special-edition offerings for 2016, including new Midnight editions.”
- Off-road suspension
- Locking rear differential
- Transfer case shield
- Hill Descent Control
- Aggressive Goodyear Wrangler Duratrac all-terrain tires
- All-black front end with body-colored grille, bumper, headlamp bezels, tow hooks and fog lamps
- Black side moldings and beltline moldings
- Black painted alloy wheels
- Special Z71 badges on the doors
- A spray-in bedliner (black, of course)
- And black Chevrolet bowties for the front and rear
Other special-editions available for 2016 include the Silverado Realtree®, Silverado Special Ops, and Colorado Trail Boss, with additional models to be announced later this year.
“Each special edition is tailor-made to fit a specific customer – whether you are an off-road enthusiast who wants a Colorado or a hunting enthusiast who wants a unique Silverado,” said Piszar. “In addition, each special edition is designed to attract attention at the dealership and in the customer’s driveway.”