- Precondition your car’s cabin while plugged in – Before you leave, take advantage of the energy from the grid to warm the vehicle’s cabin. This will allow you to reserve the stored battery energy for once you get out on the road.
- Keeping warm on the road – As always, setting the climate mode setting to Eco instead of Comfort will help reduce the energy used to heat the cabin. Also, if equipped, use the automatic heated seats to keep warm. It actually requires less energy to heat your body through the heated seats than through heating the entire cabin!
- Check your tire pressure – When the outside temperature drops, the air pressure in the tires will drop as well. Make sure your tires are inflated at the recommended level to improve your electric range and fuel economy.
Finally, always keep in mind the three T’s. The outside temperature, drive terrain, and your driving technique, can all affect your vehicle’s electric range. So remember to precondition the car in cooler temperatures, where possible avoid hilly routes as well as aggressive acceleration and deceleration, in order to maximize electric range.
For more tips, check out this video:
- Call: 1-888-267-5511
- Click: www.CourtesyChev.com
- Visit: 1233 E. Camelback Road, Phoenix, AZ 85014