The Equinox offers a suite of active safety technologies and adaptive crash-avoidance features that help provide peace of mind on the road for adults as well as new teen drivers.
Teen Driver technology allows parents to set certain vehicle controls and review an in-vehicle report card with their teens, helping to encourage safe driving habits.
Available advanced active safety features to enhance driver awareness on the road include radar- and camera-based adaptive technologies that can provide alerts or warnings about potential threats, allowing the driver to react and make changes to possibly avoid them, including:
- New Safety Alert Seat
- New Surround Vision
- New Forward Collision Alert with Following Distance Indicator
- New Low-Speed Forward Automatic Braking
- New Lane Keep Assist with Lane Departure Warning
- New Rear Seat Reminder
- Lane Change Alert with Side Blind Zone Alert
- Rear Cross Traffic Alert
The all-new Equinox’s expanded safety features are rooted in a stronger body structure and a range of available advanced driver safety assistance features. New for 2018 is Surround Vision, a technology that provides a literal look at the 2018 Equinox’s perimeter. This available system uses strategically located cameras on all sides of the vehicle to provide a 360-degree bird’s-eye view of the vehicle, helping drivers quickly view the surrounding area at a glance for more confident maneuvering when reversing, parking or trailering.
Equinox models without Surround Vision offer a standard rear-vision camera system.
IntelliBeam headlamps are also new, offering automatic high-beam control.
When it comes to traditional passive safety features, there are six standard air bags, including frontal driver and passenger air bags; roof rail-mounted head curtain side air bags that help protect the front and outboard rear seating positions; and front-seat-mounted side-impact air bags.
Additional safety features include:
- Front passenger seat occupant sensing system; rollover sensing and protection system
- Collapsible pedal assembly to help protect against lower-extremity injuries
- Three-point safety belts in all five seating positions, safety belt retractor pretensioners and lap pretensioners in the driver- and front-passenger positions, and front safety belt load limiters
- LATCH child seat latching system in the rear seat
- Tire pressure monitoring system and daytime running lamps
- All of the Equinox’s crash-avoiding and passenger-protecting technologies are built into a stronger body structure that incorporates high-strength steel in key areas to help prevent intrusion into the passenger compartment.
The 2018 Chevrolet Equinox goes sale in spring 2017.
- Call: 602-798-2940
- Click: www.CourtesyChev.com
- Visit: 1233 E. Camelback Road, Phoenix, AZ 85014