Cars that have made their mark when it comes to speed and timing include:
- 2012 Bugatti Veyron 16.4 Grand Sport dashes from 0 to 60 mph in just 2.5 seconds.
- 2013 Porsche 918 Spyder 4.6 V8 reaches from 0 to 60 mph in 2.8 seconds.
- 2012 Nissan Skyline GTR R35 runs in the race by reaching 0 to 60 mph in 2.9 seconds.
- 2011 Lamborghini Aventador LP700-4 which can touch 0 to 60 mph in 2.9 seconds
- 2013 McLaren P1 3.8 V8 Hybrid, this beauty runs from 0 to 60 mph in hardly 2.9 seconds
- 196 Ferrari F50 GT1 4.7l V12, it may be a bit old but the horsepower in that baby allows it to zoom from 0 to 60 mph in under 2.9 seconds.
2015 Corvette Z06 reaches 0 to 60 mph in 2.95 seconds.
The Corvette Z06 accelerates to 60 mph from 0 mph in only 2.95 seconds when it has been equipped with all new eight-speed paddle-shift automatic transmission. The vehicle can cover 3.2 seconds with the standard seven-speed manual transmission. For the Corvette, a quarter-mile sprint just takes roughly 10.95 seconds with the usage of the eight-speed automatic and 11.2 seconds with the seven-speed manual. “The Corvette has long been known as America’s sports car,” said Mark Reuss, GM executive vice president, Global Product Development. “With the capability of the new Z06 rivaling the best performance cars in the world, we will also be America’s Supercar.”
More information on Chevrolet models can be found at www.chevrolet.com. Or visit us at Courtesy Chevrolet, Phoenix.